Thanks for visiting my website! On the course of my artistic career I have worked in a variety of activities, such as:
• Composing music for orchestra, chamber and solo music.
• Creating sound art sculptures and installations.
• Performing popular music in a variety of styles.
• Teaching seminars, lectures and private tuition.
• Writing fiction and academic material for publication.
I’m currently a researcher at the University of Liverpool towards a PhD degree in Composition. My research title is Composing for the performance space: designing systems for light and space interaction. I am a member of the Transformation North West programme (AHRC), CAVA (Centre for Architecture and Visual Arts) and the ICCaT (Interdisciplinary Centre for Composition and Technology).
My research areas of interest are:
• Virtual concerts.
• Light and sound interaction.
• Interactive art, sensors and microcontrollers (Arduino, ESP32, STM32).
• Sound spatialisation.
• Field recording and site-specific composition.
• Sound art sculptures and installations.
• Art aesthetics.
Next performance dates:
14/04/2021 – Intersidereal, Suite for Harp and Lights – To be performed by Bethan Griffiths live at a virtual stage specifically designed for this event. University of Liverpool Lunchtime Concert Series. YouTube + Zoom. Free Admission. 1.15pm (UK Time).
Event Link: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/music/events/lunchtime-concert-series/bethan-griffiths/
– Organoids – RNCM Concert, CNRR, Manchester. Evening event. Time to be confirmed. Free admission.
13/05/2020 – Organoids – Lunch Time Concert Series, VG&M, 1pm, Liverpool. Free admission.
(postponed due to COVID-19…or the 4th Industrial Revolution!)