Hello! Welcome to my online portfolio. I’m a composer and sound artist from Brazil, based in Liverpool (UK) since 2009. Here you can listen to my music and find out more about my work.
On the course of my artistic career I have worked in many different activities, such as:
• Composing music for orchestra, chamber and solo music.
• Creating music sculptures and sound art installations.
• Performing popular music in a variety of styles.
• Teaching seminars, lectures and private tuition.
Currently I’m a PhD research student at the University of Liverpool towards a PhD degree in Composition. My research’s title is “Designing Systems and Devices for Interactive Sound Spaces”. I am a member of the Transformation North West programme (AHRC), CAVA (Centre for Architecture and Visual Arts) and the ICCaT (Interdisciplinary Centre for Composition and Technology).
My areas of interest are:
• Interactive music, sensors, mixed-media art, Arduino, microcontrollers and VR.
• Sound spatialisation, surround systems, 3D binaural music and sound localisation.
• Field recording and site-specific composition.
• Music sculptures and sound art installations.
• Art aesthetics.
My music installations are available for exhibition, contact me for more info.
From the 21st to the 30th of September I will have a sound installation on exhibition at the Tate Liverpool, for the Tate Exchange programme in collaboration with Ceramica. 70 interactive ceramic pieces will emit sounds according to the audience’s gesture control. Free entry.
In November 2018 I will be leading a short course at the University of Liverpool to discuss the music and life of Claude Debussy, after 100 years since his death. 5 sessions, Thursdays from 6pm to 8pm. To enrol: